La Junta Chamber of Commerce
February 6, 2018
La Junta, CO
La Junta saw numerous businesses open in 2017 – a Brewery, restaurants and much more. The Maverick’s, of the La Junta Chamber of Commerce, present each new business in La Junta with their first dollar of profit. Maverick’s include Pam Denahy, 2018 Ranch Boss; Caitlin Carman, 2017 Ranch Boss; Kim Grimsley, Diane McAtee and Lynette Reeves.
Here is the 2017 year in review of new businesses:
Aztec Arrow Clothing – 319 Colorado, 719-468-2406. Women’s clothing store in downtown La Junta. (Lynette, Reeves, Pam Denahy, Lucinda Horn)
Broken Arrow Archery – 1100 Barnes Avenue, 719-363-1002. Retail store & full service shop offering archery lessons, women and kids parties, archery gear and much more. (Caitlin Carman, Lynette Reeves, Bob O’Borne, Kim Grimsley, Pam Denahy)
Colorado Sublimation Printing – 208 Santa Fe, 719-821-1801. Turn photos into keepsakes with dye-sublimation printing – a digital printing technology using full color artwork – including awards, medals, trophies, clothing and much more at Colorado Sublimation Printing – where great ideas and personalization meet. (Cisco Perez, Bernadine Perez, Caitlin Carman, Pam Denahy)
Dean & Co. Brewing – 201 Grant, 719-363-1019 (Nic Apodaca, Tyler Brewer, Alfred Gonzales, Chris Depew, Darrin Medina, Pam Denahy, Caitlin Carman, Adam Boggs, Barbara McDonald, Clay Hammond and Lisa Sedillo)
- Began full scale production for Durango Brewing Company of both canned and kegged beer in October 2017.
- State of the art facility able to produce 50 US beer barrels (1550 gallons) per brew and capacity to ferment up to 1200 barrels (37,200 gallons) at one time.
- Brand new canning line with capacity to run 250 12oz. cans per minute.
- Current staff of 5 full time and 3 part time employees.
- Currently producing 4 year round Durango Brewing Company beers (Colorado Wheat Beer, Four Corners Pale Ale, India Pale Ale and Southwest Vienna Lager), as well as 4 rotating seasonal beers to be featured quarterly and in Durango Brewing Company Variety 12 packs.
- Both cans and draught beer can be found at numerous retail locations and restaurants around La Junta including Big D’s Liquor Mart, J & S Liquor, Jodi’s Grill, Mulligan’s Bar & Grill, Boss Hogg’s Saloon and Restaurant, Felisa’s Mexican Food and Lounge, Mexico City Café, and The Railyard.
- Currently, no tasting room on brewery premises but plans to open one are in progress.
Delicias Tamal House – 214 West 3rd Street, 719-341-3300. Tamales, burritos and all menu items prepared fresh every day. Carry out /walk-in and or call in orders. Catering also available. (Danielle Lucero, Jaime Mendoza, Roberta Mendoza, Lynette Reeves, Caitlin Carman)
Magic Mirror – 17 ½ Santa Fe, 719-469-3416. Full service salon offering hair, nail, waxing and facials. Walk-ins welcome. (Lynette Reeves, Nina Mueller, Caitlin Carman)
Mauricio’s Taco Shop – 1121 US 50, 719-363-1059. Get authentic Mexican cuisine at Mauricio’s Taco Shop in La Junta offering an extensive menu including tortas, chile rellanos and much more. (food pictured below). (Noel Castaneda, Mirna Monsivais, Yaretzi Garcia, Pam Denahy, Andrew Muniz, Kim Grimsley, Lynette Reeves. Not pictured, owner Alfredo Garcia)
Reflexology & Massage with A. Hart – 201 Unit B Colorado Ave, 719-468-9056. Massage therapies and reflexology based on client needs. Swedish, Trigger Point, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Acupressure and more. Ask about kids too. (Lynette Reeves, Pam Denahy, Adalynn Hart, Abby Hart, Caitlin Carman)
Sangre de Cristo Hospice – 26678 Frontage Road, 719-383-9085. Sangre de Cristo Hospice & Palliative Care provides compassionate, end-of-life care, bereavement counseling and assistance with illness management. (Kim Grimsley, Joella Leyba, Misty Gonzales, Caitlin Carman, Lynette Reeves)
Tri-County Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram – 801 W 3rd, 719-428-0038. Tri County has a strong and committed sales staff with many years of experience satisfying customers’ needs. Browse inventory online, request more information about vehicles, set up a test drive or inquire about financing. (Tony Cuomo, DJ Jones, Mark Grasmick, Pam Denahy, Lynette Reeves)
Tyla’s Custom Sewing & Unique Boutique – 106 W. 1st, 719-469-8771. Custom sewing, upholstery, embroidery, alterations, draperies and more. Gifts – Antiques – Collectables – Repurposed – Hand made and Home décor items for sale. (Caitlin Carman, Tyla Hiatt, Lynette Reeves, Pam Denahy)
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit – 1325 East 3rd, (719) 383-3943. La Junta’s best smoked barbecue. Served fast, but smoked real slow. Open for lunch, dinner and to cater events or parties. (Picture not available)
Red Lion Hotel – 1325 East 3rd, (719) 383-3943. Red Lion in La Junta has been recently renovated and is now under new management. Please call or stop in today to book your room at the best available rate. (Picture not available)
The La Junta Chamber of Commerce has many perks for members including complimentary Notary and Shredding Service, Radio Advertising,Word of mouth referrals and much much more! Contact us at 384-7411 to become a Chamber member or to schedule a Maverick’s visit.by