It’s Your Chamber… Use It!
Some people may ask, “Why should I join the Chamber?”
- What does being a member in the La Junta Chamber do for me and my business?
The Chamber office is staffed Monday thru Friday during day time hours. The office receives requests for information from tourists, local citizens and potential new residents every day. We only refer cur-rent Chamber Members during these requests.
The Chamber helps improve your community through its several active committees and public outreach programs.
The Chamber makes/saves money for you – as La Junta grows and prospers, so does its business com-munity. We are also another marketing platform that promotes your business.
- Common misconceptions
“The Chamber doesn’t need me” – FALSE…Your chamber works for the benefit of all businesses. By building the community in which you make a living, we increase tourism and opportunities for all types of local businesses.
- “I can’t afford it” – If you have a marketing budget, you can afford it. Review the Member Benefits, you will save money on marketing through the Chamber.
- “I don’t like what the Chamber did on…..” Just the reason you should come in and let your voice be heard. We want your ideas, opinions, remarks and criticism. We can’t improve without YOU!!
- Who should belong to the Chamber of Commerce?
Every business firm, business and professional person, in fact every citizen should support the local Chamber. Each business is successful because of its customers. The Chamber works to create more customers for every business and professional firm in the community.
- Who runs the Chamber of Commerce?
The membership runs the Chamber. They annually select a board of directors who create a slate of of-ficers for each year. Committees made up of chamber members are appointed to plan and work in the various fields of chamber activity with the Chamber staff guiding and coordinating the efforts.
- How can I make my ideas known to the Chamber of Commerce?
The BEST way is to serve on a committee whose activities cover the field in which you are interested. You are also welcome to attend a Chamber meeting and be included on the agenda to present your plans and ideas.
Benefits of becoming a Chamber Member include:
- ANNUAL / MONTHLY CHAMBER EVENTS Just as the Chamber is important to our community, YOU are important to the Chamber. Your investment in the Chamber means an investment and commitment in the community. The Chamber supports community investment with events such as Fourth of July Firework Display, Early Settlers Day and the Parade of Lights. You are encouraged to join committee(s) of your choice and have a direct impact upon the future of your community while promoting your business. Committees such as Wake Up Breakfast Committee, John Fisher Hose Firework Committee, Early Settlers Day Committee, Welcome Committee, Veteran’s Day Committee.
- DISCOUNT ON CHAMBER SPONSORED EVENTS & MARKETING
Chamber members are given the opportunity to market their business through various sponsorship and advertising opportunities. Members are also given exclusive access to trainings, seminars, chamber spotlight, local minute, social media networks, assistance with press releases, media services, creative ad design, copying and faxing. Special Advertising and Coupons can be posted on www.lajuntachamber.com. All members are encouraged to display their brochures or business cards in the Chamber lobby. Use our Highway 50 LED sign to advertise your upcoming event! FREE! Where else can you put your message in front of thousands of potential customers for FREE!!
- MEMBER TO MEMBER DISCOUNT
As a member you can decide to give special discounts to other members to encourage business to stay local. These member only benefits can be found on our website, in conjunction with your marketing campaign. An current example of this is; DISCOUNT ON AIR MEDICAL CARE FOR CHAMBER MEMBERS: Employees get a discounted yearly membership rate at $65/year to the AirMedCare Network. Any household associated with the chamber enjoys reduced costs through the local air ambulance – REACH Air Medical Services.
- BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
Opportunity for nomination and Recognition as Business of the Year
BUSINESS AFTER HOURS/MORNING MIXERS
Monthly networking events are hosted at a variety of Chamber Member locations and you can connect with potential new customers. Your Business After Hours will be promoted in our weekly email newsletter, digital LED sign, website and postcards sent to the current membership. Enterprise Business Members get ONE FREE event a year. Large Business Members get one event a year at 50% discount.
CHAMBER INSIDER Chamber Members receive weekly email newsletters to provide you with timely business information, Chamber updates, important community information and Chamber Members of the Week. Interested individuals in the community are encouraged to submit their email address to the Chamber office to receive a weekly email newsletter with important community information and Chamber Members of the Week.
- LOCAL SPENDING
Ability to keep money local by accepting “Chamber Booster Bucks” WHAT IS A BOOSTER BUCK? The booster bucks are bought by the person giving them, and are presented to customers through events or gifts. The customer can then use the booster buck at local merchants who are members of the Chamber for purchases of their products. No cash can be given back to the individual. The merchant than deposits the booster bucks into their local bank account as a regular check.
- MEMBERSHIP DECAL & CYBER PLAQUE
63% of consumers are more likely to buy from a Chamber member… so proudly display your free Chamber Membership plaque. We offer free links to your website, and a free “Chamber Member” cyber plaque to display on your website. More interaction between sites moves all Chamber members up on search engine lists.
- NOTARY OF PUBLIC SERVICE
Receive up to 3 documents per month notarized FREE!
- REFFERALS The Chamber loves referring member businesses: whether through phone inquiry, email, online or a visit to the Chamber office; businesses, residents and visitors alike will find information about your company. Referrals through the Chamber’s website online Mem-bership Directory continues to grow and generate new leads for Chamber members. This directory is the primary promotion piece used in relocation, newcomer, and tourism in-quiries.
- RIBBON CUTTINGS/ OPEN HOUSES/ GROUNDBREAKINGS The Chamber enjoys helping members celebrate the grand openings of their business by conducting ribbon cutting ceremonies and helping members promote the good news with open houses, grand openings or groundbreakings. Combined with a Business After Hours event can make for a very successful Grand Opening.
SHRED DROP-OFF LOCATION Members are encouraged to drop-off up to 3 average boxes of their documents for shred-ding at the Chamber office every month! Our shredding service is provided by Mobile Record Shredders (MRS). For more information, please go to www.shreddropoff.com and search 81050.
- CONFERENCE ROOM SPACE
The chamber has a small meeting room that is available to all members at a first come first serve basis at no cost.
The chamber occasionally sponsors training seminars relating to business topics. Depending on the seminar the cost can be free to members or at a reduced rate.
Membership Applications are available below. Please don’t hesitate to call or email the Chamber office with any questions.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org